Thursday, 23 Apr 2020 8:30 PM
Online JLM-BioCity “Pitch Meeting for Startups Fighting Coronavirus”
Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 20:30 Israel time 13:30 EST
5 innovative start-ups contributing to the fight against Coronavirus will pitch to a panel of the following leading MedTech and life science investors:
• Guido Pardo Roques – Chairman at Twin Digital Healthcare,
Former President & CEO Philips Healthcare (Israel)
• Ori Choshen – CEO, VLX Ventures
• Steven Tepper – IBI Investment House
• Yael Benvenisti – CEO, Mediterranean Towers Ventures
The presentations will all be given in English.
RVSP to reserve your place and send us your email.
Make sure that you download the zoom app through the google store or iPhone store, before the event.
20:25 Signing in
– Fleur Hassan-Nahoum – Dep. Mayor, Jerusalem
– Prof Debbie Shalev, Dean, Pharm Eng, Azrieli College
– Hamutal Shahar, CEO, JLM-BioCity
– MOSHE LEON, MAYOR, JERUSALEM
20:45 Introduction to the Panelists
21:00 Elevator Pitch from 5 Exciting Startups
* Academix – https://academix.bio/
* Catalife – https://www.catalife-technologies.com/
* EDAS – http://edashealthcare.com/
* Sonovia http://www.sonoviatech.com/
* Ulabs https://www.linkedin.com/in/misha-pakanayev-halevi-08991934/
21:05 Pitch with Q&A with 5 companies
* Omnysense.com https://www.omnysense.com
* One Cell Medical https://www.onecellmedical.com/
* RebioticsRX http://www.rebioticsrx.com/
* Respinova https://www.respinova.com/
* Soapy https://www.soapy.care/
22:20 Panel Discussion
JLM-BioCity is delighted to announce this event is sponsored by Azrieli College of Engineering and Atobe, Azrieli College’s Startup Entrepreneurship Center as well as Bio-Jerusalem, the Covid Control Consortium (CCC) and the Arizona‑Israel Trade & Investment Office. A special thanks to Debbie Shalev and Avrum Goodblat, for their support on Zoom and to Uri Gordon (Roshem Global) and Richard Greene, CCC (Washington D.C.).
ABOUT OUR PANELISTS:
GUIDO PARDO ROQUES – Chairman and Founder of Twin Digital Healthcare and former President of Philips (Israel), General Manager of Philips Medical Systems Technologies, and VP R&D for several companies. He brings 38 years long experience in the health-tech industry with Philips, a global leader in healthcare. Deep understanding of what it takes to get a product adopted by the medical community and integrated into a health network, the logistics and the financials required to make it used on a daily basis.
ORI CHOSEN – CEO at VLX Ventures. VP Business Development at Xenia VC and as a Director of Business Development at SanDisk, (NSDQ: SNDK) where he managed the Ecosystem Group. Ori joined SanDisk as part of the company’s $1.6 billion acquisition of M-Systems (NSDQ: FLSH) in 2006. Prior to this, Ori held business development and management positions at M-Systems and Hutchison’s global telecom group, managing the Handset Department (Marketing) of Orange Israel, a Hutchison’s subsidiary.
STEVEN TEPPER – Senior Research Analyst for Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, IBI Investment House. leading equity analyst in the pharma and Biomed space in Israel, with 12 years of experience in the capital market working with institutional investors, the financial media and the management of healthcare companies in Israel. Prior to his transition into the capital market as an equity analyst, Tepper served for 8 years in numerous management and consultant positions in the Biomed industry in Israel.
YAEL BENVENISTI – CEO, Mediterranean Towers Ventures, is the chairperson of Technologies for Ageing Well at The Society of Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel and is a board member of the Israel Gerontology Society. Yael is a licensed Physical Therapist and formerly managed the paramedical department at a retirement community chain.