Thursday, 19 Mar 2020 6:00 PM
Because of the Coronavirus and the MoH instructions, JLM-BIOCITY is POSTPONING this event to a later date. There will be no Meeting March 19th!
Come, meet innovators, entrepreneurs, doctors, and researchers who are working to change the old-fashioned perception of women’s healthcare today.
March 19, 2019 18:00 – 20:00 * Azrieli College of Engineering, 26 Ya’akov Shreibaum st., BLDG 3, floor -1 room 102 (C-102).
Men and women are biologically different. Obvious? Yet for decades medicine has worked on the basis that we are fundamentally the same. Remarkably, many of the drugs we commonly use have been trialed almost exclusively on males! Women have been getting powerful side effects not seen in men and even died after taking drugs that into consideration. In 2014, the FDA recommended cutting in half the dosage of Ambien prescribed to women. The reason? There were 700 reports of car crashes by women and driving impairment related to the drug. Doctors say that there’s a lot we don’t know about the different effects that drugs are gender-related. The reason is simple: researchers just haven’t historically studied women as much as men.
Yet things are changing. Once a niche market, the women’s health market is estimated to grow from 9.6 billion in 2019 to $56.8 billion in 2027.
The discussion will touch upon the gaps between the needs and the reality, and new initiatives in therapy today seeking solutions for medical and pharmaceutical improvements.
Asking what we can learn from the past to improve the future, and what advice can women’s health companies get to help them a breakthrough.
Invited Speakers are:
• Dr. Ahinoam Lev-Sagie, MD, Senior Obstetrician and Gynecologist, an expert in Vulvovaginal disorders at Hadassah University Medical Center
• Dr. Revital Deri-Hasid, MD, District Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Clalit, in charge of woman health field in Jerusalem.
• Dr. Itamar Netzer, MD, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Fellow Healthcare Administrator at the Ministry of Health, Naval surgeon, Medical Innovator.
18:00 – 18:30 – Registration and Networking
18:30 – 18:40 – Greetings and Opening remarks:
• Dr. Shahar Hamutal, CEO, JLM-BioCity
• Prof. Rosa Azhari, President, Azrieli College of Engineering
• Fleur Hassan-Nahoum, Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem in charge of Foreign Relations
• Lili Pergamenikov, Project Manager, Aspire & AtoBe, Azrieli College of Engineering
18:40 – 19:05 – Pitching Companies
• Rachel Teitelbaum, Ph.D., CEO & Founder, Hervana
• Hilla Shaviv, CEO and Founder, Gals Bio
• Meny Lev Sagie, CTO and Co-Founder, GynTools
• Inbar Eliav, CEO and Co-Founder, Violet
• Cathy Sebag, CEO & Co-Founder, Hela Health
19:05 – 19:25 – Dr. Ahinoam Lev-Sagie
19:25 – 19:35 – Dr. Revital Deri-Hasid
19:35 – 19:45 – Dr. Itamar Netzer
Wrap Up and Networking
JLM-BioCity is delighted to announce that this event is sponsored by the Azrieli College of Engineering, AtoBe, and Bio-Jerusalem.
Please make sure to RVSP to the meetup page as well as at the LINK BELOW for ENTRANCE AND PARKING arrangements:
Kindly be advised that we ask for a 20 Shekel donation at the door.
(We are all volunteers, and this small contribution assists us to further promote JLM-Bio ecosystem).
Hope to see you there!